3D Systems, the American manufacturer of 3D printing solutions, was founded in 1986 by Chuck Hull. Since then, the company has developed a broad range of 3D printers, materials and 3D printing services and software. Since 2018, the DMP Factory 500 has expanded 3D Systems' offerings.
The DMP Factory 500 is a scalable manufacturing solution that is the result of a collaboration between 3D Systems and GF Machining Solutions. Thanks to its 500 x 500 x 500 mm build volume in combination with its laser configuration and scanning technology controlled by 3DXpertTM software, it enables the seamless printing of large metal parts.
To meet customer-specific requirements, the DMP Factory 500 consists of five function-specific modules that are interchangeable:
- Printer Module (PTM): enables 24/7 continuous operation and minimum setup times
- Powder Management Module (PMM): depowdering of parts on building platforms, recycling of unused powder materials, preparation of RPM for new print jobs
- Removable Print Module (RPM): Separates the building platform and powder from the atmosphere
- Transport Module (TRM): Facilitates easy loading from the RPM to the PTM and PMM modules
- Parking Module (PAM): RPM intermediate storage
This allows customers to choose the right combination of modules to optimize their specific production applications. The aim is to optimally utilize each individual module. The specially developed vacuum chamber guarantees a low oxygen content and maximum material utilization. As a result, lower total cost of ownership can be achieved with the DMP Factory 500.