Technical Project Management Intern
Formlabs designs and manufactures powerful and accessible 3D printing systems for engineers, designers, and artists. Their flagship product, the Form 1+ 3D Printer, uses stereolithography (SLA) to create high-resolution physical objects from digital designs. The company was founded in 2012 by a team of engineers and designers from the MIT Media Lab and Center for Bits and Atoms.
Materials development presents one of the greatest opportunities in 3D printing. As an intern, you’ll work side-by-side in the lab with the rest of our Materials team. You’ll get an opportunity to constantly develop, formulate, and test materials that we’ve never printed with before – and every experiment plays a big role in how we solve new challenges in 3D printing.
- Create and maintain prioritized task lists of engineering details and projects
- Create and present weekly technical and progress reports
- Manage engineering change orders and work with stakeholders to release engineering changes
- Create and maintain Gantt chart timelines for technical projects
- Identify organizational shortfalls and solve them
- Candidate for a degree in an engineering field
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – In this role your focus will be running meetings and communicating information to engineers
- Meticulous organizational skills, even when faced with an overwhelming amount of information
- Strong technical understanding of mechanical, electrical and firmware systems – We’re looking for someone who can understand how all the parts of a complex electromechanical system work together
- The ability to read and process lots of disparate technical information and present clear, high level takeaways
- Flexibility – we move fast at Formlabs and this is a dynamic role that may require very different work from one week to the next
- Excited to get your hands dirty and take on any task that needs to get done to ship products to customers