Senior Software Engineer
VELO3D helps leading technology manufacturers to produce applications previously considered impossible. With the VELO3D Sapphire production printer and Flow print preparation software, they have the means to change the industry and accelerate the adoption of metal 3D printing. Our company is focused on giving engineers the ability to print any design opening the way for new, higher performing solutions.
The Senior Software Engineer works on Intelligent Multi-Functional Software System at the heart of a disruptive 3D metal printing system. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for gathering, analyzing, planning, developing, and maintaining software system products for modeling, visualizing, simulating and analyzing of multi-physics phenomena.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code
- Break down complex problems into achievable and measurable goals.
- Communicate with other members of the software team as well as members of other teams as Velo to determine and understand what needs to be implemented.
- Implement performance and quality modules
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Troubleshoot software, hardware and system issues and provide technical support.
Desired: Master’s degree from an accredited university in an applicable field such as computer science, engineering plus some job-related experience.
Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in computer science or a related field plus at least two years of applicable and job-related experience.
Required: Minimum of 2 years of industry experience in software product development or equivalent educational/academic experience.
- High level of commitment to contribute to a positive, high-paced and results-oriented work environment
- Strong proficiency in C++
- Experience writing consumer facing desktop applications with Qt
- The ability to build and maintain relationships and work collaboratively across the organization.
- At least 3 years of application programming experience with C/C++ and QT in one or more of the following environments: Windows and/or *nix and/or MacOS
- Knowledge of low-level threading primitives and real-time environments of Windows and *nux
- Strong proficiency in QT and C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification. (C++ 11/14/17)
- Proficiency in software engineering principles and engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Self-driven and independent thinking. Ability to work independently.
- Strong desire to work for an early stage startup company on disruptive technologies and make it a success.