Materials Aerospace Engineer
Essentium, Inc. is disrupting traditional manufacturing processes as innovators in both filament materials and additive manufacturing production platforms. Currently headquartered in Pflugerville, TX, we are dedicated to building a globally recognized suite of capabilities in the manufacturing innovation sector and are looking for experienced industry leadership coupled with smart, passionate, entrepreneurial, inventive, and driven people to help us achieve this goal and thrive in a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
Our customers are based across the world and include class leaders in the contract manufacturing/electronics manufacturing service providers, semiconductor capital equipment, medical device, aerospace, automotive, consumer products, energy & chemical, and government sectors.
We are currently looking to fill a/an Materials Aerospace Engineer position to support our team in Pflugerville, TX office and supporting locations.
This role would have responsibilities in all stages of the product development process for aerospace materials, starting from early-stage concepts to commercializing and certifying final products.
Responsibilities & Duties:
– Lead a team of engineers and technicians in performing required tasks to support commercialization of product lines.
– Creating Design of Experiments
– Printing test specimens
– CNC cutting of specimens
– Testing mechanical, thermal and flame-retardant properties
– Convey product’s value propositions internally and externally, and all the auxiliary steps needed to accomplish the above deliverables.
– Be familiar with CMH-17 testing protocols, ANOVA analysis, B-Basis analysis, AMS 7100 and 7101 certifications, and FAR 25.853 FST testing protocols.
– Maintaining product portfolio content, compiling data, generating AMS 7101 slash sheets, and TDS/SDS creation.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required:
– Qualified candidates must have 5 or more years of aerospace industry experience.
– Must be able to work well in both team and individual environments to think critically, solve a problem, and document the solution for communication to the team.
– Experience in testing mechanical and physical properties of materials required.
– Material extrusion 3D printing experience is required.
– Knowledge of polymer science and polymer properties required.
– Knowledge of printer electronics, mechanics, and general troubleshooting preferred.
– Statistical analysis software experience preferred.
– Experience developing aerospace products preferred.
– May be asked to support urgent deadlines during nights or weekends occasionally.
– B.S. in aerospace engineering, materials science, mechanical engineering or equivalent required, graduate degree in aerospace or materials discipline preferred.
Physical Demands and Environmental Factors:
– While travel is not required for this position, future travel opportunities could arise as need to visit customers, suppliers, or various Essentium locations.