Manufacturing Engineering Intern – Formlabs
Formlabs is expanding access to digital fabrication, so anyone can make anything. Headquartered in Somerville, Massachusetts with offices in Germany, Japan, China, Singapore, Hungary, and North Carolina, Formlabs is the professional 3D printer of choice for engineers, designers, manufacturers, and decision-makers around the globe. Formlabs products include the Form 3, Form 3B, Form 3L, and Form 3BL powered by an advanced form of stereolithography (SLA) called Low Force Stereolithography (LFS)™ 3D printing, Form Wash and Form Cure post-processing solutions, Fuse 1 SLS 3D printer, and Form Cell manufacturing solution. Through its Factory Solutions offering for industrial users, Formlabs provides the factories of tomorrow with the flexibility and versatility needed for demanding, evolving industrial applications. Formlabs also develops its own suite of high-performance materials that continue to push the boundaries for 3D printing, as well as best-in-class 3D printing software.
- Support manufacturing technical readiness in collaboration with NPI teams; working directly with R&D teams to drive results from early prototype phases through program completion.
- Support Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFM & DFA) in support of product, system, jig/fixture and process design.
- Collaborate across functions on complex engineering and operational challenges.
- Support implementing tools, equipment and process methods to ensure reliability and quality of products.
- Support production lines in ensuring technical capability to meet production goals.
- Utilize factory data to analyze process capabilities and troubleshooting at Suppliers and Contract Manufacturers.
- Hands-on, self-taught, and love to work on hardware
- Skilled at debugging, testing, and identifying the root causes of problems
- Organized, meticulous, and detail-oriented.
- Independent, self-starter with strong communication skills.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with data visualization, analysis and communication tools (SQL, Tableau, JMP, Minitab, JIRA, Asana, etc)
- Have a desire to understand system level interactions of complex electro-mechanical products.
- Understanding of GD&T principles to define and evaluate quality
Internships at Formlabs give students the opportunity to create, build, solve, and discover in every area of our business. Come build your career and build the future of 3D printing. Internship perks include social events, networking opportunities, access to our fully-stocked kitchens and onsite lunches, and unlimited 3D printing!