Additive Technician – Tesla
As an Additive Technician you will be supporting our die shop team in printing 3D parts for our dies.
What You’ll Do
- Hands on operations of Additive Manufacturing (AM) machines and post-processing.
- Work closely with AM machine’s manufacturer to develop process specifications and printing parameters.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and correct issues associated with process or equipment.
- Provide input for new product development.
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum 2 years of experience in operating Laser Powder Bed Fusion (LPBF) equipment such as EOS, SLM Solutions etc., and other AM technologies.
- Metal AM process knowledge in making successful builds and experience working with metal alloys commonly applied in tooling and automotive industries.
- Fluent with 3D CAD software (i.e., Solid works, Creo, Catia etc.) and proficient in using Magics and other software focusing on design for AM and build-file preparation.
- Knowledge and application of post printing processes for metal 3D printed parts, such as heat treatment schedules, surface finishing, and powder removal.
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program