Formlabs designs and manufactures powerful and accessible 3D printing systems for engineers, designers, and artists. Their flagship product, the Form 1+ 3D Printer, uses stereolithography (SLA) to create high-resolution physical objects from digital designs. The company was founded in 2012 by a team of engineers and designers from the MIT Media Lab and Center for Bits and Atoms.
Materials development presents one of the greatest opportunities in 3D printing. As an intern, you’ll work side-by-side in the lab with the rest of our Materials team. You’ll get an opportunity to constantly develop, formulate, and test materials that we’ve never printed with before – and every experiment plays a big role in how we solve new challenges in 3D printing.
- Build positive relationships with customers over the phone by solving their 3D printing needs
- Help customers understand how Formlabs hardware can impact their business
- Flex your hunter and Account Manager skills by finding new business and up-selling and cross-selling into existing customers
- Work with Sales Engineers and the Customer Success team to find opportunities to rapidly scale customers
- Can effectively sell technical products to demanding customers
- Have a track record of excellent customer service in person and/or over the phone
- Are a skilled learner who can master the use of electronic devices
- Expertly use CRM and other service platforms (Salesforce, Outreach, Drift, LinkedIn)
- Want to be at the forefront of the next industrial revolution
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Personal use of digital fabrication, design, 3D CAD or other relevant tools
- Engineering, design or other similar education or professional experience