3D Process Operations Specialist
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Their business portfolio spans high-performance materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Reporting annual sales of €8.8 billion ($10.4 billion USD) in 2018, Arkema employs approximately 20,000 people worldwide and operates in close to 55 countries. The company’s research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation.
The 3D Process Operations Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing manufacturing and supply chain solutions for the Sartomer 3D product lines, including development, manufacturing, packaging and labeling of fully formulated 3D Printing resins at the Chatham and West Chester manufacturing sites. The incumbent will ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operation of 3D product lines in order to achieve business objectives.
For 3D product lines, the Process Operations Specialist will implement new manufacturing solutions; provide leadership and coaching to Production and Logistics personnel; ensure the plant meets raw material and finished good requirements; operate within forecasted plant volume demand; meet customer expectations through continual improvement in product and process quality. The Process Development Engineer will communicate process and quality information to stakeholders and customers and lead process improvement initiatives and root cause investigations.
The individual will work closely with the Process Innovation Manager to build customer partnerships leading to a deep understanding of customer needs, and translating that understanding into actionable plan for the internal organication to deliver commercial resins.
- Degree in engineering, supply chain, business, or related field
- 5+ years industrial experience/supply chain experience or 3+ years previous operations experience in a directly related field
- Master’s degree a plus
- Six sigma certification at green belt level a plus
- Strong experience working with cross functional teams
- Root Cause Investigation Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to lead through influence.
- Solid understanding of both technical and financial impacts of process-related decisions.
- Demonstrated personnel management and organizational skills, ability to shift priorities and meet deadlines.
- Resilient; able to effectively question and improve or initiate new processes and break down barriers without losing motivation.
- Good oral and written communication skills – multilingual a plus.
- Collaborate across organizational and cultural boundaries.