3D Print Technician
We’re a passionate team of engineers, designers, and problem-solvers. Started out of MIT in 2011, Formlabs is now over 600 people across Boston, North Carolina, Hungary, Germany, Japan, and China. We’re committed to bringing powerful and accessible fabrication tools into the creative hands of professionals around the world.
With the Form 3 SLA 3D printer, Fuse 1 SLS 3D printer, Form Cell manufacturing solution, and Pinshape marketplace of 3D designs, Formlabs is establishing the industry benchmark in professional 3D printing for professionals from a variety of industries. We also develop high-performance materials in-house, as well as best-in-class 3D printing software like PreForm and Dashboard.
We believe in what we do, and we’re excited about creating powerful tools that change the way we work and live.
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
We’re looking for a 3D Print Technician who will play a key role in running tests and maintaining the print farm for the SLA R&D Team. In this role you will partner closely with the engineers to perform systemized tests on 3d printers and report your findings.
The output of this work will determine future features and settings for our 3d printers.
If you are someone who enjoys structure and organized work, join our team as a 3D Print Technician.
- Run test procedures on our SLA printers, ensuring to properly log the different HW configurations and document secondary observations i.e. surface quality of print.
- Ensure organized documentation is provided to engineers throughout any testing process.
- Perform hardware modifications to the printer/setup to accommodate the process of running experiments
- Optimize the SLA Print Farm printing schedule so it is being properly leveraged weighing urgency and print times.
- Flexible schedule: this role may require split days, early starts, and/or late starts. Role hours are dependent upon the print farm schedule, your flexibility with this is required.
- Hands on maker with a portfolio of projects to share
- Experience using a 3d printer
- Able to manage a high level of detail given a large amount of data
- Partners well team members to work on projects
- Python scripting skills