Senior Systems Engineer
Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution. Building the world’s most powerful and advanced metal AM system is the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
The Systems Engineering group at VulcanForms is growing and looking for a Senior Systems Engineer specialized in Additive Manufacturing metal powders to join their Burlington, MA team. Working with our Engineering and Operations Teams, you will be responsible for the metal powders used in our laser-powder bed fusion machines, developing metal powder handling systems for powder delivery, spreading, reclaim, and de-powdering. The role’s objective will be defining and decomposing the requirements for the overall powder delivery system.
As the Senior Systems Engineer, you will own the system roadmaps and define requirements and procedures for qualification, verification, and validation. You will lead design reviews and participate in in-depth system analysis. You will create definitions of external and internal interfaces and own the integration of the powder management system with the entire LPBF system and the factory environment.
This role is an exciting and highly challenging, hands-on position with support from a cross-functional engineering team. The growth potential for the right candidate is significant.
- BS in Mechanical or Systems Engineering with relevant work experience
- 5+ years working in either the metal powder industry or similarly working in a part supplier that uses metal powders
- Experience with metal powder handling systems.
- Experience in Pneumatic and Electro-Mechanical Systems
- Experience with metal powder safety, handling, and safe storage.
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- Advanced degree in Mechanical/Systems Engineering
- Experience with Inert gas systems
- Strong sense of ownership
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals