Internship in 3d Printing / Additive Manufacturing (m/f/d)
We at Stratasys are passionate believers in the value and power of 3D printing and the change it can bring to design, innovation and manufacturing. The solutions we create are used by over 20,000 enterprises worldwide, and are rapidly changing the way products are imagined, designed, marketed, produced, supplied and sold. We are directly not only figuratively shaping the world that surrounds us – from the products and services in our lives and homes, to our health and quality of life, our transport, security and economies, to how we teach, research and even learn. Stratasys is the largest 3D printing solutions’ company in the world – a company at the forefront of 3D printing innovation for more than 30 years.
Stratasys is looking for multiple interns to join our German Production Center located in Rheinmünster near Baden-Baden. The internship is for at least 6 months and our goal is to develop you for a full-time role at the company. You will need to be present in the production center (directly near the airport) minimum 4 days per work week, and must not be attending in-person classes during that time (for safety reasons due to the Covid-19 risk).
You will receive full operator training on key additive manufacturing systems in the Stratasys portfolio, learn about the broad range of different technologies we offer and meet highly passionate professionals from the Additive Manufacturing industry.
- The Projects Will Focus On
- Developing end-to-end solutions for chosen industries and applications
- Analyzing and documenting market needs & standards
- Preparing CAD data for printing
- Operating systems
- Analyzing quality of 3D printed parts
- Evaluating different post-processing techniques
- Relevant degree: in mechanical engineering, materials science, process engineering, etc.
- Experience and knowledge in polymers and characterization processes
- Technical approach and the ability to work in a team
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Good command of written and spoken English. Other languages are a plus but not required.
- Design (CAD) skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Work full-time on site at Stratasys GmbH HQ.
- Ideal position length is 6 months but can be extended
- 6 month internship minimum, which may be extended or developed into a full-time role
- Hands-on learning in the production center
- Real impact on the development of the business unit
- Ongoing mentorship from engaged senior professionals
- Paid internship (eligible for mandatory OR non-mandatory interns)
We are looking forward to receiving your application! Please include your CV, a cover letter giving us some details about your interest in the field, and your most recent university transcript. The role has a flexible start date. Please do not submit applications outside the recruitment system.